Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Achieving My Dreams: In Progress


A dream of mine: to live in a house with a view!

One of the blogs I read asked me to answer the question “What’s keeping you from achieving your dreams?” and before I answer, I have to say that I love the way this question is phrased.

If she had asked, “Why haven’t you achieved your dreams?” it would have forced me to say that I haven’t yet succeeded. That is way too negative for me. I enjoy the pursuit of my dreams. As long as I’m working toward them, I’m successful.

So, in response to “What’s keeping me from achieving my dreams?” my response is: I AM achieving my dreams!

At least three times per week I find time to work on my current novel or children’s books, or to submit a book query to an agent. Every week I sock money away for future dream trips and adventures. I am always saving articles about places to visit and things to do or learn. I constantly find ways to make our house more of a home and work toward giving my family a healthy, happy future.

So, “achieving my dreams” is in progress! Someday it’ll happen, I have no doubt.

2 comments:

  1. Aww!! This is the happiest of these posts I've read! That's wonderful that you can look at your life and see the steps you are taking in the right direction! Congratulations :) It's a fantastic feeling to look around and realize that life is good!

    xo
    Sarah
    excitinglittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive post! It's a great perspective to have, "well I'm working on it!" haha I think we should all cut ourselves some slack! We may not be there yet, but if we're working on it we're on our way!

    ReplyDelete